- Asthma Center
- Allergy & Immunology
- Childhood Cancer
- Childrens Express Care
- Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Genetics
- Newborn Medicine
- Primary Care
- Transplant Programs
- International Services
- Health Info Management
- Poison Control Center
- Ronald McDonald House
- Social Work
- Telemedicine Program
- Volunteer Services
Patients and Families
Planning a Visit
- Get Directions
- Childrens Locations
- Getting Around
- Guidelines for Visitors
- Contact a Patient
- Contact Children's
- Send an e-Card
- Gift Shop
- Find a Doctor
- Child Health A-Z
- Community Ed.Classes
- Injury Prevention
- International Patients
- Medical Records
- Patient Handbook
- Patient Procedures
- Safety Center
- Adolescent Medicine
- Babysitting Class
- Diseases & Conditions
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Injury Prevention
- Schools & Jobs
- Sexual Health
- Teen Health
- For Health Professionals
- Ways to Give
- Childhood Disability Rates Highest Recorded
- Express Care Opens New Location
- Board of Trustees Leadership Changes
Patrick Bosch, MD
Job Title Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
4401 Penn Avenue, Suite Floor 2Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Education and Training
1996 University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
2001 Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
2004 Pediatric Orthopaedic, Starship Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Western Orthopaedic Association, Junior and At-large Member of Boards of Directors
- Scoliosis Research Society, Candidate Member
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- November 2011, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA) Traveling Fellowship
- Co-winner, Ferguson Resident Research Award, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Pittsburgh
- First Runner-up, Smith and Nephew 16th Annual Residents Conference, Identification of Osteoprogenitor Cells in Skeletal Muscle, Smith and Nephew
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Iowa Chapter
- Michael Bonfiglio Award for Student Research in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Iowa Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Barry Freeman Memorial Fellowship, grant for ten week medical externship in Maua, Kenya, University of Iowa
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Alpha Maryland at Johns Hopkins University
- Weimann, J, Durrani, S. and Bosch, P. The effect of posterior spinal releases on axial correction torque: a cadaver study. J Child Orthop (2011) 5: 109-113.
- Silva, S. and Bosch, P. Intra-muscular air as a complication of pulse lavage: a case report. J Bone Joint Surg Am. (2009) 91: 2937-2940.
- Tripuraneni, KR, Bosch, P, Schwend, RM, Yaste, J. Prospective, surgeon randomized evaluation of crossed versus lateral pins for unstable supracondylar humerus fractures in children. J Pediatr Orthop B. (2009) (2):93-8.
View Dr. Bosch's full list of publications from PubMed.
- Primary investigator, Coagulation in Scoliosis Surgery. This grant has been awarded by the Scoliosis Research Society for two years, for a total of $20,000 to begin February 2012.
- Site investigator for North America wide, NIH funded Scoliosis bracing study led from University of Iowa: BrAIST – enrolling patients.
- Pedicle screw starting point, osteology collection review. Measurements from photos of vertebrae, preparing data to be analyzed with Rick Schwend, MD (Kansas Children’s Hospital).
- Cadaver spinal release project – preliminary data accepted for poster presentation (IMAST and SRS 2009), preparation for publication, and pending site location and funding for further biomechanical evaluation.
- Retrospective review of bone density in neuromuscular spinal deformity patients treated at CTH – accepted for poster presentation (IMAST 2009), preparing manuscript for submission.
- Coagulation deficiencies in pediatric spinal deformity patients – preparing HRRC approval with Medical Student (Marc Mabray).
- Review Carrie Tingley experience with anterior tibialis transfer for treatment of clubfoot (talipes equino varus) recurrence. 40+ patients identified and pending HRRC approval to review, with Selina Silva, MD, resident in Orthopaedics.
- Review personal surgical experience with Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis, outcomes and further reconstructive procedures (Surgical dislocation and IT osteotomy). Pending HRRC approval, to be completed with John Wiemann, MD, resident in Orthopaedics.
Active Research Projects / Grants
- The Use of TLSOs in the treatment of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Study
June 15, 2012
June 15, 2012