- Asthma Center
- Allergy & Immunology
- Childhood Cancer
- Childrens Express Care
- Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Genetics
- Newborn Medicine
- Primary Care
- Transplant Programs
- International Services
- Health Info Management
- Poison Control Center
- Ronald McDonald House
- Social Work
- Telemedicine Program
- Volunteer Services
Patients and Families
Planning a Visit
- Get Directions
- Childrens Locations
- Getting Around
- Guidelines for Visitors
- Contact a Patient
- Contact Children's
- Send an e-Card
- Gift Shop
- Find a Doctor
- Child Health A-Z
- Community Ed.Classes
- Injury Prevention
- International Patients
- Medical Records
- Patient Handbook
- Patient Procedures
- Safety Center
- Adolescent Medicine
- Babysitting Class
- Diseases & Conditions
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Injury Prevention
- Schools & Jobs
- Sexual Health
- Teen Health
- For Health Professionals
- Ways to Give
- Childhood Disability Rates Highest Recorded
- Express Care Opens New Location
- Board of Trustees Leadership Changes
Andrew Chu, MD
Job Title Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
4401 Penn Avenue, Suite Floor 3Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Education and Training
2004 Baylor College of Medicine
2007 Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
2011 Research Fellow, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American Gastroenterological Association
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
- American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- 2013 AASLD/Alpha-1 Foundation Liver Scholar Award
- 2011, 2012 NIH Child Health Research Scholar
- 2010 American Liver Foundation Alexander M. White, III
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award
- 2010 Childhood Liver Disease Research and Education Network (ChiLDREN) Fellowship Training Grant
- 2009 First prize, Basic Science, Simon A. Komarov Research Competition, Philadelphia Gastroenterology Training Group
- 2008 NIH/NICHD Pediatric Scientist Development Program
- 2006 Cincinnati Pediatric Society Outstanding Resident Award
- 2005 American Academy of Pediatrics Child Access To Community Health (CATCH) Resident Planning Grant
- Chu AS, Perlmutter DH, Wang Y. Capitalizing on the autophagic response for treatment of liver disease caused by alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency and other genetic diseases. BioMed Research International. 2014;2014:1-8.
- Ghouse R, Chu AS, Wang Y, Perlmutter DH. Mysteries of alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency: emerging therapies for a challenging disease. Disease Models and Mechanisms. 2014;7:411-19.
- Chu, A. Chapter 107: Gastritis and Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Netter’s Pediatrics. Eds. TA Florin and S Ludwig. Elsevier Press. 2011.
- Chu, A. Chapter 108: Intestinal Obstruction and Malrotation. Netter’s Pediatrics. Eds. TA Florin and S Ludwig. Elsevier Press. 2011.
- Chu, A. and Liacouras C. Chapter 329.5: Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome (Wilkie Syndrome, Cast Syndrome, Arteriomesenteric Duodenal Compression Syndrome). Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Eds. WM Kliegman et al. W.B. Saunders Press. 2011.
- Chu, A. and Liacouras C. Chapter 330.1: Ileus. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Eds. WM Kliegman et al. W.B. Saunders Press. 2011.
- Chu, A. and Liacouras C. Chapter 330.2: Adhesions. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Eds. WM Kliegman et al. W.B. Saunders Press. 2011.
- Chu, A. and Liacouras C. Chapter 330.4: Closed-Loop Obstructions. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Eds. WM Kliegman et al. W.B. Saunders Press. 2011.
- Chu AS, Russo PA, Wells RG. Cholangiocyte cilia are abnormal in syndromic and nonsyndromic biliary atresia. Modern Pathology. Accepted November 16, 2011
- Chu AS, Diaz R, Hui JJ, Yanger K, Zong Y, Alpini G, Stanger BZ, Wells RG. Lineage tracing demonstrates no evidence of cholangiocyte epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in murine models of hepatic fibrosis. Hepatology. 2011;53:1685-95.
- Shin S, Walton G, Aoki R, Brondell K, Schug J, Fox A, Smirnova O, Dorrell C, Erker L, Chu AS, Wells RG, Grompe M, Greenbaum LE, Kaestner KH. Foxl1-Cremarked
adult hepatic progenitors have clonogenic and bi-lineage differentiation potential. Genes and Development. 2011;25:1185-92.
- Chu AS, Friedman JR. A role for microRNA in cystic liver and kidney diseases. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3585-7.
View Dr. Chu's full list of publications from PubMed.
June 4, 2014
June 4, 2014