- Asthma Center
- Allergy & Immunology
- Childhood Cancer
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Genetics
- Newborn Medicine
- Primary Care
- Transplant Programs
- Childrens Express Care
- International Services
- Health Info Management
- Poison Control Center
- Ronald McDonald House
- Social Work
- Telemedicine Program
- Volunteer Services
- Welcome/Info Center
Patients and Families
Planning a Visit
- Get Directions
- Childrens Locations
- Getting Around
- Guidelines for Visitors
- Contact a Patient
- Contact Children's
- Send an e-Card
- Gift Shop
- Find a Doctor
- Child Health A-Z
- Community Ed.Classes
- Injury Prevention
- International Patients
- Medical Records
- Patient Handbook
- Patient Procedures
- Adolescent Medicine
- Babysitting Class
- Diseases & Conditions
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Injury Prevention
- Schools & Jobs
- Sexual Health
- Teen Health
- For Health Professionals
- Ways to Give
- Adding Breast Milk Ingredient to Formula Could Prevent Deadly Intestinal Problem in Premature Babies
- Children's Holds Groundbreaking Ceremony for Expansion to New South Fayette Location
- Child Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Disabilities on the Rise, Study Finds
Shilpa Jain, MD
Job Title Instructor of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
4401 Penn Avenue, Suite Floor 9Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Education and Training
2002 Delhi University, Delhi, India
2004 Master's of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
2008 Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Michigan/Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich.
2011 Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC/University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- American Society of Hematology
- American Academy of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Board of Pediatrics
- 2010 Translational Research Training in Hematology Award
- 2009 Ashok and Ingrid Sarnaik Travel Award
- 2008 Sheldon L. Brenner Resident Research Award
- 2007 Commendation from the Chair of Pediatrics
- 2002 Senior Research Fellowship Award, Institute of Genomic and Integrative Biology, India
- Gheorghe G, Galambos C, Jain S, Krishnamurti L, Jaffe R. A novel TCIRG1 gene mutation leads to severe osteopetrosis with altered content of monocytes/macrophages in several organs. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2012 Mar-Apr;15(2):156-9.
- Jindal A, McMeans M, Narayanan S, Rose EK, Jain S, Marazita ML, Menezes R, Letra A, Carvalho FM, Brandon CA, Resick JM, Mereb JC, Poletta FA, Lopez-Camelo JS, Castilla EE, Orioli IM, Vieira AR. Women are more susceptible to caries but individuals born with clefts are not. Int J Dent. 2011;2011:454532.
- Jain S, Gladwin M. Arginine metabolism and NO bioavailability in sickle cell disease - Invited commentary on "Effect of Oral Arginine Supplementation on Exhaled Nitric Oxide Concentration in Sickle Cell Anemia and Acute Chest Syndrome." Journal of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, 32(7):247–248, 2010.
- Jain S, Kanarek N, Arceci RJ. Analysis of histiocytosis deaths in the US and recommendations for incidence tracking. J Registry Manag. 2010 Winter;37(4):156-62.
- Jain S, Kamat D. Evaluation of Microcytic Anemia. Clinical Pediatrics, 2009, 48:7–13.
- Sehgal A, Jain S, Jyothi MC. Parental Awareness Regarding Childhood Injuries. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Vol.71 (2):125-128-February 2004.
- Sehgal A, Dubey NK, Jyothi MC, Jain S. Comparison of Tympanic and Rectal Temperatures in Febrile Patients. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Vol.69: 305-308, April 2002.
Active Research Projects / Grants
- Characterization of microRNA expression profile in platelets in sickle cell disease
- Understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying the pathogenic role of platelets in SCD, by using state-of-art genomic profiling technologies
February 5, 2013
February 5, 2013