Medical Biochemical Genetics Fellowship

The Medical Biochemical Genetics fellowship is a one year follow-up training program to the Medical Genetics Residency. Fellows will spend 25 percent of their time in a busy inborn errors of metabolism practice mastering diagnosis and management of these patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Trainees will have the remaining 75 percent of time to pursue a research project with a research mentor. Projects may be basic science or clinical research. The trainee will be ABMG (American Board of Medical Genetics) board-eligible for certification in Medical Biochemical Genetics at the end of this year.  Options are available for a second year of training with 100 percent of time devoted to research.

To apply or for inquires about the Medical Biochemical Genetics Fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, please contact or send completed application form to:

Uta Lichter-Konecki, MD, PhD
Program Director

Division of Medical Genetics
Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
One Children’s Hospital Drive
4401 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
412-692-5070 Phone 
412-692-6472 Fax