Children's Hospital is part of the UPMC family.
Be safe anytime, anywhere.
To find a pediatrician or pediatric specialist, please call 412-692-7337 or search our directory.
A resource for our network of referring physicians.
For more information about research, please call our main office at 412-692-6438.
Children's Hospital is ranked One of America's Best Children's Hospitals.
1. Follow your child’s asthma management plan for directions on when to give the medicine in the MDI with the chamber with face mask.
Before you use a new inhaler for the first time, prime it by spraying 4 sprays into the air.
2. Be sure to check that the chamber is free of foreign objects.
3. Put the chamber and MDI together by gently pushing the MDI into the opening.
4. Sit with your child on your lap and shake the MDI well for 5 seconds.
5. Gently place the mask on your child’s face to make a seal over the mouth and nose.
Your child will be able to breathe normally with the mask in place.
6. Use your other hand to squeeze the MDI so one puff of medicine is sprayed into the chamber.
7. Hold the mask securely in place until your child breathes in and out 6 times.
8. If 2 puffs of medicine have been prescribed, repeat steps 4-7.
Your child has gotten the medicine if:
9. Wash the chamber with face mask once a week in a clean bowl of warm water and dishwashing liquid. Rinse gently with warm water and let air dry. Never use a towel. Replace if chamber gets cracked or broken.
Children's Hospital's main campus is located in the Lawrenceville neighborhood. Our main hospital address is:
Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
One Children’s Hospital Way
4401 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
In addition to the main hospital, Children's has many convenient locations in other neighborhoods throughout the greater Pittsburgh region.
With myCHP, you can request appointments, review test results, and more.
For questions about a hospital bill:
To pay your bill online, please visit UPMC's online bill payment system.
Interested in giving to Children's Hospital? Visit Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation's website to: