Your health can’t wait. Learn how we’re making our facilities safer and schedule your care now.
Children's Hospital is part of the UPMC family.
Be safe anytime, anywhere.
To find a pediatrician or pediatric specialist, please call 412-692-7337 or search our directory.
A resource for our network of referring physicians.
For more information about research, please call our main office at 412-692-6438.
Ranked #9 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report.
PITTSBURGH, PA - June 5, 2012 - Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC has been named to U.S. News & World Report’s 2012-13 Honor Roll of Best Children’s Hospitals, one of only 12 hospitals in the nation to earn the distinction.
The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings feature 50 pediatric hospitals ranked in each of 10 specialties: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology, neonatology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, and urology. Hospitals that ranked high in three or more specialties made the honor roll.
Children’s Hospital was ranked in nine specialties and met the criteria for the honor roll by earning a high ranking in at least three specialties. Children’s ranked 6th in diabetes and endocrinology; 6th in gastroenterology; 8th in neonatology; and 10th in urology.
“We’re proud of our place among the top children’s hospitals in the country. Our inclusion in the rankings of the various specialties speaks to the breadth and depth of our programs, and to the expertise and commitment of our physicians and employees,” said Christopher Gessner, president, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. “Ultimately, recognition such as this speaks to the dedication our team has to the patients and families we serve from all over the world.”
The 2012-13 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings are published online today and also will be published in the U.S. News Best Hospitals 2013 guidebook, which will be available in August.
This year, U.S. News surveyed 178 pediatric centers to obtain data such as availability of key resources and ability to prevent complications and infections. The hospital survey accounted for 75 percent of the rankings. A separate reputational survey accounted for the remaining 25 percent. In this reputational survey, 1,500 pediatric specialists — 150 in each specialty — were asked where they would send the sickest children in their specialty.
In addition to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, the 11 hospitals named to U.S. News’ Honor Roll of Best Children’s Hospitals for 2012-13 are:
Andrea Kunicky, 412-692-6254, email@example.com
Marc Lukasiak, 412-692-7919, firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Hospital's main campus is located in the Lawrenceville neighborhood. Our main hospital address is:
UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
One Children’s Hospital Way
4401 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
In addition to the main hospital, Children's has many convenient locations in other neighborhoods throughout the greater Pittsburgh region.
With myCHP, you can request appointments, review test results, and more.
For questions about a hospital bill call:
To pay your bill online, please visit UPMC's online bill payment system.
Interested in giving to Children's Hospital? Support the hospital by making a donation online, joining our Heroes in Healing monthly donor program, or visiting our site to learn about the other ways you can give back.