COVID-19 Vaccine Information and Updates
Read the Latest
Children's Hospital is part of the UPMC family.
Be safe anytime, anywhere.
To find a pediatrician or pediatric specialist, please call 412-692-7337 or search our directory.
A resource for our network of referring physicians.
For more information about research, please call our main office at 412-692-6438.
Ranked #9 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report.
1. Follow your child’s asthma management plan for directions on how many times a day the doctor wants your child to use the nebulizer
2. You will need the nebulizer, the air compressor machine, the tubing, the face mask, and the medication. Put the parts of the nebulizer together according to the manufacturer’s directions and attach it to one end of the tubing; attach the other end of the tubing to the compressor.
3. Pour the medication into the nebulizer cup. Put the mask on the nebulizer.
4. With your child sitting or standing, put the facemask on his or her face. The mask must cover the nose and mouth, and the nebulizer must be straight up and down.
5. Turn the compressor on. A fine mist of medication will be created.
6. With the facemask in place, your child should breathe in and out normally.
7. Your child must keep the facemask on until there is no more mist coming out and the treatment is finished.
8. When the treatment is finished, turn off the compressor and disconnect the tubing from nebulizer and the facemask.
9. Clean and store the nebulizer and facemask as directed by the manufacturer. Proper care will keep the equipment working well. Nebulizers should not be shared. Check the air compressor’s filter regularly and replace it when it gets dirty.
Children's Hospital's main campus is located in the Lawrenceville neighborhood. Our main hospital address is:
UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
One Children’s Hospital Way
4401 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
In addition to the main hospital, Children's has many convenient locations in other neighborhoods throughout the greater Pittsburgh region.
With myCHP, you can request appointments, review test results, and more.
For questions about a hospital bill call:
To pay your bill online, please visit UPMC's online bill payment system.
Interested in giving to Children's Hospital? Support the hospital by making a donation online, joining our Heroes in Healing monthly donor program, or visiting our site to learn about the other ways you can give back.