How to Find Research Studies You Are Interested In

If you live near a Children’s Hospital or a University with a Medical School, you can search their websites:

  • Search to see if there is a research registry. When you join a research registry, you provide your name, contact information and what type of research you might be interested in. You will receive an email whenever there is a research study that might be for you. You can then contact them to learn more about that study. 

    In Pittsburgh, you can join the registry and learn more about research by going to Pitt+Me.

  • Search for information about Adolescent Medicine or Adolescent Medicine Research – there may be information about research projects specifically for teens or young adults posted on these pages.

    For example, the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC has information about the research they are doing.

If you have a specific health condition, you can search the web for support groups about that condition. Some long-term health condition-related support groups have information about research activities on their websites. Examples include Autism Intervention Research on Behavioral Health, National Down Syndrome Society, and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. You can also ask your doctor if he or she knows about any research activities that might match your interests.

Search the web for “adolescent health research studies”. If you include your location in the search, you may find something close to home.

Check signs and flyers at your doctor’s office. Some offices have research projects underway on-site.