Medical Biochemical Genetics Fellowship

The Medical Biochemical Genetics fellowship is a one year follow-up training program to the Medical Genetics Residency. Fellows will spend 75 percent of their time in a busy inborn errors of metabolism practice mastering diagnosis and management of these patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Trainees will have the remaining 25 percent of time to pursue a research project with a research mentor. Projects may be basic science or clinical research. The trainee will be ABMG (American Board of Medical Genetics) board-eligible for certification in Medical Biochemical Genetics at the end of this year.

To apply or for inquires about the Medical Biochemical Genetics Fellowship at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, please contact or send completed application form to:

Uta Lichter-Konecki, MD, PhD
Program Director

Division of Medical Genetics
UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
One Children’s Hospital Drive
4401 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
412-692-5070 Phone 
412-692-6472 Fax