Outcomes at the Da Silva Center for Ebstein's Anomaly

Nothing is more important than caring for you or your child. When you select a center to treat Ebstein's anomaly, you want to make sure you are making the best choice.

The Da Silva Center for Ebstein's Anomaly focuses on surgical excellence and family-centered care.

Over the last 30 years, José Pedro da Silva, MD, and his wife, Luciana da Fonseca da Silva, MD, have done more than 360 cone repairs on patients of all ages.

Cone repairs in Pittsburgh, 2016 - 2022

Total number


Age of patients

  • Newborn to 2 years: 20 patients
  • 2-5 years: 13 patients
  • 5-12 years: 17 patients
  • 12-18 years: 12 patients
  • >18 years: 23 patients 

80% of the patients present only minor tricuspid valve regurgitation. The other 20% show either mild or moderate tricuspid insufficiency.

Mortality rate


Additional surgery needed to fix a leaking valve

Under 5%